From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nvi overwrites vim-libs
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:55:40
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2
3 >Chad Huneycutt wrote: [Tue Aug 21 2001, 09:53:58AM EDT]
4 >
5 >>All that we need is a DEPEND="!foo", which may already exist.
6 >>I haven't tried it, and I did not get a straight answer from #gentoo.
9 >In this particular case, wouldn't it be better to fix the nvi ebuild to
10 >be able to coexist with vim? It seems to me that there might be users
11 >that would like to have both installed.
12 >
13 I think I would prefer this. What I have done in the past is had nvi
14 statically built and installed as /bin/vi as a "trusty vi" Then vim is
15 in /usr/bin. I will look into this when I get a chance.
16
17 Chad