From: "Stefan Bjšrgen" <emil@××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Emerge kde not working
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 05:05:46
1 Hi there !
4 I am rather new to linux, but wanted to try Gentoo since it says to be all
5 that easy.
6
7 So i installed a stage3 i386 as instructed by the nice install guide and
8 went up and running.
9
10 Then of to install the X. Here i have a problem with my USB mouse, but
11 thats not an issue yet,
12 since i can not for my life install KDE.
13
14 i do this :
15 emerge kde-base/kdebase/
16
17 and get this:
18 unpacking gtk-perl-o.7008.tar.gz
19 source unpacked
20 bla bla md5 and so on
21
22 unknown library gtkhtml
23 submodule gdkpixbuf is needed to build gnomeprint but it appears it's
24 missdetected or not selected for compilation.
25
26 avaliable modules: gtk gtkhtml gtkglarea gdkimlib gdkpixbuf gtkxmhtml
27 gnome gnomeprint applets glade.
28
29 And then some stuff about disable inclusion of modules bla bla.
30
31 It seems it s there and avail but not used !!?? or ?
32
33 Any help on this would be nice
36 Have a nice day!
37 Stefan "Emil" Björgen