From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why (i.e. USE="openssl" instead of USE="ssl")
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:45:58
1 Peter Hjalmarsson schrieb:
2 > This is about my beloved USE="ssl". A bit long and ranty, but if you
3 > want the consensus, just read the last part.
6 > Today a new snapshot of gnash was uploaded where the old USE="ssl" was
7 > renamed to USE="openssl".
8 >
9 > So yet another package where if you want ssl support you have to
10 > _personally_ audit what function this useflag has (i.e. does it enable
11 > ssl or tune the ssl implementation?).
12 >
13 > So I wanted to figure it out, does gnash provide ssl itself and the
14 > USE="openssl" only tunes how it is implemented or does USE="openssl"
15 > enable ssl?
18 The USE flag was renamed after discussion with upstream. Gnash does not
19 provide any SSL implementation itself and (when invoked as NPAPI plugin)
20 uses the browser's facilities. Possibly I could make more explicit that
21 users only interested in the plugin don't need it.
24 Best regards,
25 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn