From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:25:52
1 On 8/14/06, Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o> wrote:
2 > The Council will meet on Thursday, August 17, 1900 UTC.
3 > AFAICT agenda is at the moment empty.
4
5 Here's something I'd like to see the council address. We've just had
6 baselayout-1.12 go stable. You might have missed this, because
7 there's no announcement about the release, and there's currently no
8 upgrade guide available on www.g.o.
9
10 I'm asking the Council to take steps to ensure that we don't stabilise
11 critical components like this in this manner _ever_ again. Roy's
12 worked very hard to ensure that baselayout-1.12 is as good as it can
13 be at this time, but collectively as a team we should be ensuring that
14 our users have both advance warning (via GWN, -dev, forums at least)
15 and supporting documentation on www.g.o to help them migrate.
16
17 Many thanks,
18 Stu