From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Server hardaware give away (misc archs)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 03:18:21
1 On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Brendan Horan <brendan@×××××.hk> wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I have some hardware I would like to see go to a good home.
5 > I would prefer it to be someone working with Gentoo.
6 > That was my goal, but life changes :)
9 > I have the following :
10 > * HP j6750 (2x cpu PA-RSIC)
11 > * HP Zx2000 Itanium2 (single cpu) (custom 4ru unit)
12 > * IBM Power 6+ p560 (dual cpu)
13 > * Sun SPARC T5120 (single cpu)
14 >
15 > The systems are all in working order. With decent specs.
16 > All have 8gb of memory or more
17 > All have at least 2 disks (ranging from 32gb to 300gb)
18 > I have some misc spares for all of the above.
19 > If you want more details on any of the systems please ask.
20 > You can also catch me on IRC @ #gentoo-proxy-maint
23 > Ideally I would want to ship it to one location.
24 > If you then wanted to ship interstate/country from that point I don't care.
25 > I live in Hong Kong, no one hear but scrap metal places what this kit.
26 > I don't mind helping pay some of the shipping costs.
27 > I do not want payment for the systems, just a good home vs the scrap heap.
28 >
29 > Thanks
30 > Brendan
33 Hello,
34
35 I would very much appreciate it if I could claim the IBM Power server.
36 I have been interested in IBM's Power architecture and its supporting
37 hardware for quite a while now. There are not many machines sold on
38 the secondhand market and I do not have the funds to purchase one in
39 that way. The specs are mostly irrelevant as long as it has a Power
40 CPU, but they would be nice to know.
41
42 The use for the machine would be to experiment with the novel
43 architecture while maintaining it with Gentoo, which would likely
44 spill over into providing support for Gentoo on IBM Power.
45
46 I will try to catch you on IRC, but hopefully you receive this message as well.
47
48 Respectfully,
49 R0b0t1