From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: netfilter's owner & --id-owner problem
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:19:15
1 * Matt Tucker <tuck@×××××××××××××.net> [021121 23:54]:
2
3 >>I'm a newbie with iptables. I've reading a few docs, and also
4 >>netfilter's mailing list archives.
5
6 ><snip>
7
8 >I don't know the answer to this question, but I would say that the
9 >netfilter mailing list <netfitler@×××××××××××××××.org> would be a much
10 >better place to submit your question than the Gentoo development list.
11 >You probably wouldn't even have to subscribe; just mention in the email
12 >that you're not on the list and ask to be directly included in any
13 >replies.
14
15 I know that. Indeed that's the first place where I asked, but netfilter's
16 lists appear to be down right now. Furthermore, this was supposed to go
17 to gentoo-user.
18
19 Anyway, I just fixed it :)
20 It had something to do with my iptables version. I re-emerged it again
21 and it now works fine. Also, since I'm using a development kernel I took
22 the opportunity to use a newer netfiler snapshot (20021120).
26 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>