From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 05:36:59
1 On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 09:18:32PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 3/31/20 8:48 PM, Samuel Bernardo wrote:
3 > >
4 > > My question started with the network sandbox issue when we need to load
5 > > external code dependencies. For example, a go project will download all
6 > > dependencies from git repositories that will happen after src_unpack. In
7 > > this case I need to add an additional tar.gz with that code along with
8 > > the software release tar.gz.
9 Samuel:
10 I already proved that using go-module.eclass EGO_SUM it will NOT use Git
11 repositories, and all of the fetching will happen long before
12 src_unpack. Why do you persist with your statement to the contrary?
13
14 > > That additional tar.gz needs to be stored somewhere and as I understand
15 > > local mirror could be the right place.
16 >
17 > Normally we don't bundle dependencies, avoiding that problem entirely.
18 > The Go eclasses however are badly designed, committed against protest by
19 > paid corporate interests, and serve only to facilitate large-scale
20 > copyright infringement and security vulnerabilities. If you're looking
21 > for a consistent explanation of how they're supposed to work with the
22 > rest of Gentoo, you won't find one.
23 mjo: Can you please substantiate your claims?
24
25 It would have been nice to have heard your concerns during February, any
26 of one the three times that William and I posted the go-module.eclass
27 EGO_SUM development work for review on this mailing list. I don't see a
28 single email from you during that entire period.
29
30 The EGO_SUM support explicitly ensured that upstream distfiles (for each
31 dependency) remained absolutely as upstream provided them, without
32 merging the distfiles together or altering their content in way (I admit
33 that the exact naming of the distfiles changed, because it was terrible,
34 v0.0.0-20190311183353-d8887717615a.zip for example).
37 Robin Hugh Johnson
38 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
39 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
40 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
41 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136