From: "Johannes Ballé" <joba123@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] PPP scripts
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:03:43
1 Hello,
2
3 I recently tried to come up with an overhauled isdn4k-utils ebuild. (It sits
4 in bug #9578 for almost two weeks now, and nobody responded. normal?)
5
6 Among the installed programs is ipppd, the synchronous PPP daemon for ISDN. In
7 my ebuild it uses /etc/ppp/ip-{up,down} to restore a default route if
8 necessary. (AFAIK this is a needed workaround due to a limitation/bug in
9 ipppd.)
10
11 Moreover, the scripts are configured to call /etc/ppp/ip-{up,down}.<interface>
12 so that you can easily add new interfaces. ip-down is a symbolic link to
13 ip-up, and ip-up looks like this:
14
15 -----
16 #!/bin/bash
17
18 # This calls /etc/ppp/ip-up.<interface> or /etc/ppp/ip-down.<interface>
19
20 [ -s $0.$1 ] && . $0.$1 $*
21 -----
22
23 Is this in conflict with other packages' invention of these scripts? Is there
24 any existing infrastructure I might destroy here? (in ebuilds such as pppoed,
25 pppd, etc.)
26
27 I figure it would be a good thing (tm) if there was a common way to handle
28 this by the various incarnations of pppd.
31 Johannes Ballé <joba123@×××××.de>
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list