From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass db-use
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:04:00
1 On Thursday 18 May 2006 13:25, Bryan Ãstergaard wrote:
2 > Was this discussed on gentoo-dev mailinglist before committing to the
3 > tree? Eclasses are supposed to be discussed on -dev prior to adding
4 > them to the tree to catch any (obvious) mistakes etc.
5 >
6 > This is particularly important for eclasses as they can't be removed or
7 > changed in incompatible ways later due to the way portage handles them.
8 >
9 > I don't have time to look at it myself right now but I'd still
10 > appreciate posting the code to gentoo-dev and have other devs/users
11 > comment on it.
12
13 It has not been. As far as I know such a requirement does not exist. In
14 any case, this eclass only provides utility functions to find the proper
15 location of berkeley db.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze