From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fixing elasticsearch maintainer
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 17:27:53
On 05/19/2017 06:50 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
> > I have no idea how I could have fixed this without the QA+Comrel > banhammer combo, which is a totally insane "fix" to a problem that > shouldn't even exist. But I see no other options how to make people > understand that "No means no". > > Is this the new normal?
As far as I can see you were never the maintainer of at least app-misc/elasticsearch (I didn't check other possibly related packages), it was first proxied maintained through chainsaw, then later through proxy-maintainers herd (since 2015) which was converted to the project once herds were deprecated. I don't notice you showing up in the git log (with cvs history grafted) until 2016 in a commit that removed proxy maint seemingly without corrabolation, and as such got reverted. I'm really struggling to understand what you're trying to say here, if it is "can I take any package I want without consulting with existing maintainers", then yes, its the normal (its not new) -- Kristian Fiskerstrand OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3