From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fixing elasticsearch maintainer
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 17:27:53
1 On 05/19/2017 06:50 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 >
3 > I have no idea how I could have fixed this without the QA+Comrel
4 > banhammer combo, which is a totally insane "fix" to a problem that
5 > shouldn't even exist. But I see no other options how to make people
6 > understand that "No means no".
7 >
8 > Is this the new normal?
9
10 As far as I can see you were never the maintainer of at least
11 app-misc/elasticsearch (I didn't check other possibly related packages),
12 it was first proxied maintained through chainsaw, then later through
13 proxy-maintainers herd (since 2015) which was converted to the project
14 once herds were deprecated. I don't notice you showing up in the git log
15 (with cvs history grafted) until 2016 in a commit that removed proxy
16 maint seemingly without corrabolation, and as such got reverted.
17
18 I'm really struggling to understand what you're trying to say here, if
19 it is "can I take any package I want without consulting with existing
20 maintainers", then yes, its the normal (its not new)
23 Kristian Fiskerstrand
24 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
25 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3