From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [OT] pkgcore bikeshed
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 20:30:03
1 On 11:02 Mon 13 Jan , Steven J. Long wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 04:15:37PM +0700, "C. Bergström" wrote:
3 > > > Realistically, we have to keep updating them both in parallel.
4 > > > pkgcore needs to be brought up to portage-level functionality,
5 >
6 > Yeah but it already outshines under the hood: all you're talking about
7 > is EAPI and radhermit is working on it; I'm sure he and dol-sen would
8 > be happy for more help as well, so long as it's supportive. ISTR
9 > TomWij is involved too.
10
11 Working on the UX of the emerge frontend is also of extreme importance
12 if you want people actually using it. Speed is absolutely a usability
13 feature but it's not the only one that matters. Maintaining EAPI parity
14 is table stakes.
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie
19