From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] FORK: The Time Is Now
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:29:24
1 OK, here's what I am thinking about. While you respect that Daniel does not want to get into a mud slinging contest, you're asking him to. As far as an account of what happened, it really makes no difference -- it's a point of one's word against another's word.
2
3 The crux however, is that you mentioned issues that were raised. I rather believe those issues are what should be addressed, rather than "he said this, but this is what happened" because the latter is futile, and this isn't Jerry Springer.
4
5 So, let's get those issues which need addressing out into the open instead, shall we.
6
7 This is going to -dev, but it's targetted mainly at the gentoo developers (no offense to anyone else, and your input is very much welcomed as well). This is my invitation. You can email the list or email me privately (so that there is confidentiality, if you're worried about that) and tell me your issues. While you're at it, tell me the 3 biggest things you'd like to see changed, and how.
8
9 You say it's about transparency, I say, if you have a gripe, voice it so it can be seen. If it is not seen, it can not be addressed. As a member of the gentoo leadership, this is my invitation to you.
10
11 Thanks,
15 Seemant Kulleen
16 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
17 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
18
19 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
20 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E