From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:07:39
1 On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:50:51 -0700
4 > "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> wrote:
5 >> I'm a maintainer and I'll say right out that I won't fix things unless
6 >> they make sense to me; regardless of what some council says.
7 >
8 > Then I'd imagine devrel would have to step in.
9
10 I highly doubt that would happen unless they want to risk alienating a
11 group of active, useful developers over a disagreement over an ebuild
12 format. In this case, antarus being one of the admins of gentoo-soc in
13 a year where projects are coming along far better than the previous
14 years.
15
16 There's a reason why Donnie pushed for having all Council agendas
17 publicly discussed on the gentoo-dev ML before they are given a formal
18 "stamp of approval" so that the ones deciding what gets in are the
19 ones who are actually going to use it.
22 ~Nirbheek Chauhan