From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.20 to go stable in 1-2 weeks
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:41:49
1 On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 15:19 +0200, Warwick Bruce Chapman wrote:
2 > > Because of this bug, 2007.0 has dropped soem of the ATM-based support we
3 > > had in 2006.1, as there comes a time when we simply can't wait for bugs
4 > > to get fixed anymore if we ever plan on releasing, and we're already
5 > > *way* behind the schedule that we wanted to release under.
6 > >
7 > Ok, what needs done to FIX it? All I can find is that if you merge the
8 > unstable headers, the problem goes away. What's wrong with marking
9 > those headers stable. I have myself and two staff I can use to assist
10 > with this, but someone needs to point us in the right direction.
11
12 - a back-ported fix needs to be made and marked stable
13 - a newer (working) headers needs to go stable
14
15 And it needs to happen *yesterday* since it means we have to go back and
16 redo a bunch of stuff for the release, delaying it further.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation