From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OSCON booth?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:19:37
1 On Thursday 20 April 2006 11:40 am, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Mike (vapier) mentioned that at LWE, the O'Reilly guys offered us a
5 > booth. I presume this means free.
6
7 Yah, I've been trying to get information on that, I say call the booth
8 organizing people at O'Reilly and ask them. Someone should know.
9
10 > Anyone who has interest in staffing a booth at OSCON or in attending it,
11 > please contact me. I will try to organize this. Exhibit hall attendance
12 > is free, but the sessions get pretty expensive. I'm not sure whether we
13 > would receive any session passes for being exhibitors.
14
15 Me, I plan to be there the day before the convention straight to the day
16 after. However, I need to somehow get ahold of a loaned monitor because I
17 don't think the combined weight of what I plan to bring with me on the plane
18 + a monitor will work. That said, how many systems I bring is dependant upon
19 how many monitors can be loaned to the booth for me to use. My plans were:
20
21 1) This alpha system I'm getting with GNOME on it
22 2) My pegasos box running a PHP5/MySQL5/Apache2 server
23 3) This cheap 600mhz laptop running Gentoo once I get it (maybe shove xfce on
24 there)
25
26 So if any other dev/OSUOSL is able to spare a monitor, feel free to let me
27 know ahead of time.
28
29 > Who actually goes to OSCON? The attendees are roughly 50% devs, 25%
30 > sysadmins, and 25% suits/other. So it's a fun audience rather than being
31 > dominated by management.
32 >
33 > I would appreciate some help in understanding exactly what's required to
34 > get a booth together as well, since I've never done this.
35
36 1) CD's
37 2) CD's
38 3) Did I mention CD's?
39 4) Where's everyone staying, can we share rooms and what not
40 5) Literature holders
41 6) Literature
42 7) Business card holders
43 8) Business Cards
44 9) Power surge
45 10) an 8 port router/switch with some kind of backup
46 11) 9 and 10 require contacting O'Reilly and finding out what the net
47 connection rules are, we may need a wireless router if they only provide that
48 (hopefully they won't)
49 12) Tables if they don't give us any (preferably deep ones so we have enough
50 space to hide any luggage) and covers for it
51 13) The last LWE's I went to we had this stand up thingy that we were able to
52 put up and display our elite info fliers
53 14) Some kind of giveaway would be nice, T-Shirts or whatever
54
55 That's all I can think of atm.
56
57 > Thanks,