From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why do you love Gentoo Linux?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:53:35
1 On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 04:25:21PM +0000, tneidt@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > That's my two-cents.
4 > I think Gentoo is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Keep up the good work!
5
6 Thanks for your post -- you definitely have a lot of neat ideas. Please try to
7 stop by in #gentoo sometime (if you aren't there already) and alert me to your
8 presence so that I can create a dev account for you. You appear to be ready to
9 start commiting your scientific apps directly to Portage, but please still be
10 very careful with the Python ebuild -- you should check with me and achim first
11 before modifying python or spython since it has the potential to affect our
12 work.
13
14 Right now, we're focusing on getting rc5 ready for developers in the next 24
15 hours. That includes the CD, a good build image and all the binary packages.
16 Over the next week, we'll probably be fixing little quirks and then announcing
17 on freshmeat. Just wanted to give you a little background so you don't feel
18 like we've been ignoring your Python ebuilds. :) We're quite busy atm :)
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
24 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org