From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arm64
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 05:33:06
1 On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 14:10 +0800, Yixun Lan wrote:
2 > On 20:57 Sat 24 Jan , Tom Gall wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > This is sort of a CFP in some ways but not quite that formal. I’ve been throttled back on arm64 for a bit as the hardware I’ve had access to has all been painfully remote and configured in ways that was less than optimal for massive key wording efforts.
6 > >
7 > > That’s about to change.
8 > >
9 > > So if there are others out there who have the same interest be great to coordinate efforts and get this moving along so we have arm64 stages and start to pull together install instructions for the varies pieces of hardware starting to show up.
10 > >
11 > Hi
12 > I've already keyworded a few ebuilds.. but unfortunately the hardware
13 > I'm using now can't be available for end user
14 >
15 > the arm64 profile is still experimental.. massive USEs have been masked [1]
16 > tests/verification are required.
17 >
18 > [1] ${PORTDIR}/profiles/arch/arm64/use.mask
22 So, I have a mustang board, I just have had 0 time to work on getting it
23 set up. And I'm currently in the midst of working on a new release, so
24 I don't know how long it's going to be til I have it setup for people to
25 use. The eventual goal is to get it set up with Gentoo, and have it
26 hosted by prometheanfire and giving access to anyone (Gentoo dev-wise)
27 who wants/needs it, with an emphasis on the ARM team.