From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfce and root
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 23:23:38
1 On Sun, 06 May 2001 23:31:17 +0200 AGottinger@××××××××.de (Achim Gottinger) wrote:
2
3 > Collins Richey wrote:
4 > >
5 > > yes, I have ~/.xfce. I even removed this folder and started xfce again, but xfce will not do anything as a normal user.
6 > >
7 > can you start the apps from an xterm?
8 > You can try the following, remove your .xinitrc file and say
9 > echo "xfce" > ~/.wm
10 > Then run startx and see ig things work now.
13 echoing xfce to .wm and startx makes no difference. Nothing will run from clicking the icons (xftree, run, xfmouse, etc.). If I click on the desktop and select run, the dialog appears and I can run xftree, xfmouse, xterm. If I try to run sylpheed from the xterm, I get permission denied, even though /usr/local/bin/sylpheed has permissions rwxr-xr-x.
16 Collins Richey
17 temp setup on gentoo