From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] C++ herd proposal
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:42:32
1 On Saturday 17 September 2005 01:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 16 September 2005 06:20 pm, Mark Loeser wrote:
3 > > Since we currently have language herds for other languages such as Ada,
4 > > Perl, and Java, I don't think C++ should be any different.
5 >
6 > it is different, but i dont mind the idea of having a bunch of C++ experts
7 > looking over a bunch of packages which otherwise may be neglected
8
9 And that's the point I see in as well - having some central point for our C++
10 experts/freaks. Of course, a c++ herd would not just be like ADA/Java IMO.
11
12 Though, I vote FOR such a herd (and would like to join anyway)
13
14 > > dev-libs/STLport (no-herd, vapier?)
15 >
16 > vapier/toolchain
17 >
18 > > dev-libs/fampp2 (no-herd, vapier)
19 > > dev-libs/ferrisloki (no-herd, vapier)
20 > > dev-libs/libferrisstreams (no-herd, vapier)
21 > > dev-db/stldb4
22 >
23 > generally i dont need help with these as the upstream author is a pretty
24 > cool guy and gets back to me :)
25 > -mike
26
27 but having some backup is always the safer way, in case some of us is AFK for
28 some unobvious reasons and a security patch is to be injected.
29
30 Regards,
31 Christian Parpart