From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: KDE 'child' packages (separate ebuilds for konqueror kmail etc.)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:33:35
1 On Monday 13 May 2002 19:34, Dan Armak wrote:
2 >
3 > The problem is, there's no clean way to imlpement this with ebuilds (and
4 > even eclasses). How can I make the kdenetwork ebuild compile a selective
5 > list of 'children' while only running configure once? Granted, there's
6 > emerge --inject now, but an ebuild is _not_ supposed to be using that. Do
7 > you have some specific idea for an implementation in mind?
8
9 The easiest way that I see is package specific use flags. This is where an
10 optional use flag system can come into the view
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Junior Researcher