From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage functionality
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:38:07
1 I've not even created an ebuild for this, but you can get an rpm partial
2 workalike at
3
4 http://www.speakeasy.org/~yde/epm
5
6 It supports most of the querying functions of rpm, but works with the
7 Portage database.
8
9 Aron
10
11 Jared H. Hudson wrote: [Fri Jan 11 2002, 04:32:46PM EST]
12 > Is there any way to determine what package file X belongs to?
13 > For example, under rpm's you can type rpm -qf <path to file>/file and it
14 > will report what package it belongs to. Also what about listing all
15 > files that belong to a package, for example rpm -ql <package name>
16 >
17 > If this support is not built in, is there plans to include these
18 > functions, and if so is anyone working on it? I'd be happy to start
19 > programming this functionality into emerge or ebuild, if someone guides
20 > me how they would like it to work, assuming thought to this has been
21 > given.
22 >
23 > -Jared H.
27 > gentoo-dev mailing list