From: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Developer: Peter Volkov
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:09:00
1 On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:28:03 -0600
2 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > All-
8 >
9 > Please take a moment to welcome our newest developer, pva. Peter is
10 > joining to help out with netmon.
11 >
12 > In his own words, "I was born in Moscow (it's in Russia). I graduated
13 > physical department of Moscow State University. And my speciality is
14 > physicist. Now I'm second year PHD student in A.M. Prokhorov General
15 > Physics Institute Russian Academy of Sciences. But that is not the whole
16 > truth. :) I'm learning in High Computer School also in Moscow State
17 > University.
18 >
19 > Well. I think no one be surprised if I say that gentoo is my favorite
20 > distribution. ;) Why? Just ordinary two sentence story. :) I lived
21 > some time with LFS and really enjoyed it. The only problem I found there
22 > was the absence of automation of package management. So when I found
23 > gentoo it was exactly what I want! Great! Thank you all. I hope I could
24 > help you a bit. :)"
27 Perhaps just a coincidence, but isn't this the same Peter Volkov who wrote the
28 Volkov Commander, which I loved and used daily back in my MS-DOS (gaming)
29 days?
30
31 Kind regards,
32 --
33 Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <ticho at gentoo dot org>
34 Gentoo Linux Developer - net-mail, antivirus, sound, x86