From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-portage/genlop: ChangeLog genlop-0.30.8.ebuild
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:48:14
1 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>:
5 >> Thanks for the tip. I added "failed to install genlop (via dobin)" -
6 >> not sure if there is a standard way to do this, as it seems many
7 >> ebuilds just do "dobin failed", and some do "failed to install ...".
10 > It is mainly to localise which die command caused the halt. So I know
11 > of no standard.
12 >
13 > V-Li
16 Except that's completely pointless since Portage and the other package
17 managers print the EXACT line number where the call was made. So this
18 thinking that a die message is required to identify which die was called
19 is flawed.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list