From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla: Firebird-bin & Firebird-cvs
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:43:30
1 Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > What naming conflict?
3 >
4 > There is
5 >
6 > emerge dev-db/firebird
7 > or
8 > emerge net-www/firebird
9 >
10 > This is not the first time two packages have a name conflict,
11 > requiring the category name to resolve.
12 >
13 > Matt
16 Not all users are going to immediately know the different categories
17 offhand. I'd have to opt for the ability that if portage detected a
18 naming conflict, it'd show both matches + categories so the user would
19 know which one he/she wanted.
20
21 OTOH, calling it net-www/mozillafirebird isn't a bad idea. I don't
22 think we need caps in there, caps seems to be reserved for dev-perl
23 stuff only.
24
25 --Kumba
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list