From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Documentation linkage or location
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:52:27
1 On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 03:30, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > (2) Move all documentation in the documentation repository and link those on
3 > the index page. This however has one big disadvantage, which is that only a
4 > small part of the respective project (clusters, hardened, metastructure) have
5 > access to the documentation for updates.
6 >
7 > In the eyes of the documentation development, this latter is preferred: at
8 > least one person of each project has (or should have) access to the
9 > documentation cvs (see the "Project Doc Editor" at
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp). Further more, updates to documentation
11 > shouldn't be a one-man change -- a second "opinion" must be established (we
12 > just call it reviewing) so that no major mistakes are made (we are all
13 > human).
16 > Are there objections if I would suggest to implement the second proposal
17 > (i.e. migrate documentation to the documentation directory)?
18
19 As long as you add me as the Project Doc Editor for cluster, I'm in
20 agreement. The only (or at least best) reason things were staying in
21 proj/en/cluster/ was to avoid having more middlemen.