From: Diamond <diamond@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review: desc/cpu_flags_x86.desc
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 02:37:52
1 On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:44:05 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I would like to commit the following flags as cpu_flags_x86_desc.
7 > The list combines global USE flags with some local USE flags I've been
8 > able to find.
11 > 3dnow - Use the 3DNow! instruction set
12 > 3dnowext - Use the Enhanced 3DNow! instruction set
13 > aes-ni - Enable support for Intel's AES instruction set (aes in
14 > cpuinfo) avx - Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions
15 > instructions avx2 - Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions 2
16 > instructions fma - Use the Fused Multiply Add instruction set
17 > mmx - Use the MMX instruction set
18 > mmxext - Use the Extended MMX instruction set (intersection of
19 > Enhanced 3DNow! and SSE instruction sets) (3dnowext or sse in
20 > cpuinfo) padlock - Use VIA padlock instructions popcnt - Enable
21 > popcnt instruction support sse - Use the SSE instruction set
22 > sse2 - Use the SSE2 instruction set
23 > sse3 - Use the SSE3 instruction set (pni in cpuinfo)
24 > sse4 - Enable SSE4 instruction support
25 > sse4_1 - Enable SSE4.1 instruction support
26 > sse4_2 - Enable SSE4.2 instruction support
27 > sse4a - Enable SSE4a instruction support
28 > ssse3 - Use the SSSE3 instruction set
31 There are other cool instructions on modern CPUs too. For example,
32 iommu. There are versions of them in kernel config options. Maybe
33 genkernel should depend on them? IDK, because I configure kernel config
34 by hand.