From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RPM installer for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:40:20
1 On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:16:50 -0500
2 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Is their currently a script/program out there that will install an RPM
5 >
6 > onto a Gentoo system? I'm not talking about 'rpm --nodeps -i
7 > file.rpm'. I mean a program that will parse the RPMs dependencies and
8 > then use portage to try and satisfy those dependencies, write a dummy
9 > ebuild, then use portage to install it. Yes, I know RPMs are the spawn
10 > of Satan. No, I do not need this program for myself. I just think it
11 > would be an interesting project.
12
13 I don't know of any tool to do it automatically, the easiest way is
14 probably
15 a) take a look at the spec file of the src.rpm (if available) and
16 rewrite that in an ebuild, or
17 b) make an ebuild based on the rpm eclass like the ebuilds
18 ximian-connector or use rpm2targz / rpm2cpio
19
20 Marius
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list