From: Kevin <lists@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wishlist: an automated package upgrade system with fine-tunable sysadmin control
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:58:18
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Honestly, I don't see portage ever being able to really
3 > support anything like this so long as the tree continues to change.
4 > It simply doesn't seem to be compatible with how Gentoo development is
5 > done.
6
7 and Chris Gianelloni wrote:
10 > Yup. It's called /etc/portage and we've had it for a while. You simply
11 > seem to be missing its flexibility.
12 <snip>
13 > Yep. It was such a good idea that the portage team implemented it quite
14 > some time ago. *grin*
17 Which is it, Chris?
18
19 Impossible that portage will ever be able to really support anything
20 like this...
21
22 or...
23
24 already done and I (along with Jean-Francois and Michael Schilling) am
25 just too stupid to see it?
26
27 Make up your mind...
28
29 For all the credit that I give to the Gentoo developers, you are one
30 from whom I would withdraw it. You are merely a polarity responder and
31 as such, not worth engaging any further. You would do Gentoo a service
32 by keeping your mouth shut in response to posts like mine (and many
33 others I'm sure). If I were not so self-assured, you would simply drive
34 me away from Gentoo with such ugly remarks, and I've no doubt that you
35 have driven away many others who are less self-assured.
36
37 You're in my kill file now, so don't waste your time and the bandwidth
38 by responding. All mailing lists have a topic and attempting to
39 ridicule other people is not on-topic in any of them... certainly not
40 here. It just facilitates making you look like a jerk which you need no
41 assistance with.
42
43 -Kevin
44 --