From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] autotools eclass - set default for WANT_AUTO*
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:44:23
1 On Saturday 06 January 2007 09:47, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 06 January 2007 05:10, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
4 > > > Is there any reason why not setting "latest" as default for
5 > > > WANT_AUTO* variables?
6 > > >
7 > > > I believe that an ebuild should set these variables only if there is
8 > > > some exception.
9 > >
10 > > that seems like a not-too-shabby idea actually
11 >
12 > Not sure. Would we run the risk that working ebuilds would start to
13 > fail when newer autotools versions arrive?
14
15 which is no different from the current behavior ... we're sticking "latest"
16 into all of our ebuilds now
17
18 besides, if code doesnt work with the latest autotools, it should be fixed ...
19 it should not force older versions
20 -mike