From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:37:57
1 On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:56 +0100, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > I have foo 1.0, which is mips. There is foo 2.0, which is stable
4 > > everywhere else. The foo 1.0 ebuild does not conform to current ebuild
5 > > standards. I want to commit changes to foo 2.0, and repoman won't allow
6 > > me due to problems in foo 1.0, but I don't want to WASTE MY TIME on foo
7 > > 1.0, because it's been EOL for 2 years
8 >
9 > Why don't fix repoman not to scream about such issues, then?
10
11 What, have repoman complain only about problems in ebuilds that have
12 been changed unless someone does "repoman full" ?
13
14 Honestly, that coupled with dropping all KEYWORDS except for the arch in
15 question (in other words, marking something KEYWORDS="mips" and then
16 ignoring it, as a maintainer) would be enough to keep package
17 maintainers and other architecture teams from having to deal with the
18 crap left all over the tree due to slacker arches. Of course, tree
19 quality would probably go down even more, since these QA issues would
20 likely never be fixed on said architectures, but who really cares,
21 anyway. The support burden gets lain on the people who are slacking,
22 and not on the package maintainers or other architecture teams.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
27 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
28 Games Developer