From: Zoltan Puskas <zoltan@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 06:03:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm stopping proxy maintenance of net-misc/youtube-viewer, as I
4 stopped using it due to YouTube's new requirement of having a
5 private developer's key for it to function.
6
7 Shared developer key is not a possibility (i.e. setting up a Gentoo key
8 for such packages) as YouTube rate limits the number of requests per
9 developer product key, and also considers them ToS violation, which potentially
10 leads to disabling them pretty fast. See more details on:
11 https://github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer/issues/308
12
13 I'm putting up a PR and dropping it to maintainer needed. If no one
14 wants to pick up the package maybe we should also consider last riting it
15 after some months, since YouTube API moves fast and old versions tend to
16 not function after some time.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Zoltan