From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 259 paludis-profile messages. ENOUGH!
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 20:58:42
1 Peter wrote:
2 > Imagine a new user or visitor trolling this ML. They want to learn more
3 > about Gentoo. Then they come across the Paludis thread. How TF can they
4 > possibly follow what is going on? Then, as the thread wears on it
5 > degenerates into more personal attacks. So it's Bennett/McCreesh against
6 > the world. OK. However, continuing the thread serves no useful purpose
7 > except, IMHO, to completely obfuscate the original point of the thread --
8 > to allow paludis to have a profile or sub profile and/or whether or not it
9 > should be on the tree or in an overlay.
10 >
11 > While I am completely against any form of censorship, I certainly wish I
12 > had the ability to block that thread and all further postings to it. Maybe
13 > paludis can set up a blog on the berlios site?
14 >
15 > There are many important issues that have surfaces WRT paludis that affect
16 > the core of gentoo (pun intended). These issues cannot be resolved on a
17 > ML. There appear to be certain policy issues that the council needs to
18 > resolve.
19 >
20 > So, while I am not endorsing pablum, at least let's cut the thread. I see
21 > nothing useful coming from it anymore.
22 >
23 No one forces you to read, feel free to ignore this thread, others are
24 gleaning useful information from it.
25
26 -Alec Warner
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list