From: Scott Campbell <scubadiver711@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Metrics for GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:28:39
1 Here are a couple of ideas for measuring the success
2 for a "Planet Gentoo":
3
4 1. Set a goal of X visits to the site. For example,
5 if gentoo.org receives 1 million visitors a month, set
6 a threshold for the Planet Gentoo to 1 to 3 per cent
7 of gentoo.org's traffic.
8
9 2. For the developer's maintaining a blog, set a
10 quota of Y number of updates per month. If the blogs
11 are not being updated once a month (as an example),
12 then possibly it's not a good idea to maintain this
13 site. As a result, the number of visitors starts to
14 fall.
15
16 Please note that I don't know what the actual traffic
17 to gentoo.org nor what a respectable amount of updates
18 per month for a blog. However, there has to be a
19 starting point. Start on the low side, yet high
20 enough to merit dedicating some resources for
21 implementation.
22
23 At last the two metric above should show if there is
24 enough interest. Who knows, we may find other metrics
25 that should be included as well.
26
27 Scott
32 Do you Yahoo!?
33 Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.
34 http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list