From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Shall econf append its arguments to end of ./configure invocation?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:29:03
1 On Monday 29 April 2013 15:17:40 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:09:36 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > > As you can see in the bug, we're not discussing anything related to
4 > > > EAPI 0 behaviour, so this argument is irrelevant. We're discussing
5 > > > a change in a later EAPI, where the change had nothing to say about
6 > > > ordering.
7 > >
8 > > There's a difference between 'we' and 'you alone'.
9 >
10 > Well yes, you're trying to ignore the actual issue and go around
11 > retroactively breaking things rather than just change the wording in
12 > EAPI 6. But that doesn't change the fact that the actual bug in the
13 > ebuild wouldn't be showing up if it were EAPI 0.
14
15 claiming breakage is a red herring. i'll wager that clarifying PMS to match
16 realistic intentions and the largest PM won't break a single package.
17 appending args over the econf args is asinine.
18 -mike