From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Creating ebuilds: Choices?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:46:15
1 I'm creating an ebuild for apache that includes Microsoft Frontpage 2002
2 extensions. Since this is an option that most people would probably not
3 want, but some might, what is a good way to allow a ebuild compiler to
4 choose?
5
6 Would creating an apache-frontpage-1.3.22.ebuild be appropiate?
7
8 What about other extensions? I assume that the builders of
9 apache-1.3.22-r7.ebuild assumed everyone would want mod_ssl, but how do
10 you make such a decision? Base it on what's common? For example,
11 redhat's apache rpms contain mod_ssl, so gentoo should also, ect?
12
13 -Jared H.
14
15 PS. In case you're curious why anyone would want Frontpage 2002
16 extensions, it's because I have 2 potential customers requesting it for
17 my web hosting company.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature