From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Creating ebuilds: Choices?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:46:15
I'm creating an ebuild for apache that includes Microsoft Frontpage 2002
extensions. Since this is an option that most people would probably not
want, but some might, what is a good way to allow a ebuild compiler to
choose?

Would creating an apache-frontpage-1.3.22.ebuild be appropiate?

What about other extensions? I assume that the builders of
apache-1.3.22-r7.ebuild assumed everyone would want mod_ssl, but how do
you make such a decision? Base it on what's common? For example,
redhat's apache rpms contain mod_ssl, so gentoo should also, ect?

-Jared H.

PS. In case you're curious why anyone would want Frontpage 2002
extensions, it's because I have 2 potential customers requesting it for
my web hosting company.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature