From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage: package queries
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:02:09
1 hi !
2
3 > > > is there some script/whatever in the portage system,
4 > > > to do tedious things like:
5 > > > - lookup to which package a file belongs
6 > > > - remove older versions of packages
7 > > > and the like ?
8
9 > > This is something I've been working on for Gentool. There is however some
10 > > resitance about adding this to the pkg-system, for some reason (Hi Lamer
11 > > ;p).
12
13 would you mind posting some <pkgscripts>.tar ?
14 or are they available in /usr/lib/portage somewhere
15 (after your commit and my {emerge rsync; emerge portage-<version>}) ?
16
17 > Lamer isn't in charge of Portage; I am. So just because Lamer rants, grumbles
18 > and screams "bloody okra" doesn't mean there is resistance to add these
19 > features. I want these features included, and I'm working on having others
20 > help me out with Portage so that Portage can be developed more aggressively.
21 > Once we start parallelizing our development properly, things will get done much
22 > faster. But it will take some time and effort (and volunteerism) for this to
23 > happen.
24
25 speaking of effort, err, where do i find decent docs on portage as-is-current ?
26 i wouldn't mind adding/changing some shell-scripts to/on my system ;-)
27
28 > Best Regards,
29 > Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
30
31 i'd really like those features being added...
32
33 thanks and ciao
34 peter
35
37 peter kadau
38 email: peter.kadau@×××.de
39 open source is no religion - it just produces the most reliable software
42 Sie surfen im Internet statt im Meer? Selbst schuld!
43 Auf zum Strand: http://lastminute.de/?PP=1-0-100-105-1