From: "Victor R. Prada" <vprada@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Installer (2) [LARGE]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:55:41
1 The Latinux distribution is a linux distribution based in RPMS and we
2 use a modified version of Anaconda to intall it. Now Latinux want to use
3 the portage system because this will allow to keep update our
4 installations. Is a natural choice for our distribution to use the same
5 installer that we had been using from the beggining.
6
7 In either case we want to make the modifications in conjunction with the
8 gentoo folks. All the comments aimed to enhance the installer will be
9 welcome. We keep contact with the Gentoo Core developers and we are
10 designing the anaconda's modifications with them.
11
12 Once the installer be ready, is a decision of the core team of Gentoo
13 use it as the Gentoo Installer, in any case i don't think that me time
14 is waste.
15
16 I think that a person become a "power user" not based in how hard was
17 the installation process, a person become in a "power user" based in
18 what he can do with the system once the system is installed.
19
20 Thanks to all
21 VĂ­ctor Prada
25 >gentoo-dev mailing list