From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] make line w/ the 2.6.x kernels
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:54:22
1 Robert Cole wrote:
2 > Just curious what everyone is using for a make line with the new
3 > kernel.
4 >
5 > In 2.4 mine was straight out of the gentoo docs:
6 >
7 > make dep && make clean bzImage modules modules_install
8 >
9 > With 2.6 I made only one change and took out the dep because it's not
10 > needed anymore:
11 >
12 > make && make clean bzImage modules modules_install
13 >
14 > It just seems watching the compile like the clean isn't needed either
15 > but I'm not sure. Seems like it does something twice with the clean
16 > in there.
17 >
18 > 2.6 compiles and works fine with the above line it's just the compile
19 > times seems a bit long.
22 # make bzImage modules modules_install
23
24 That is all I used. It takes longer to build this kernel because there are
25 MANY more features there. Monolithic indeed.
26
27 Tom Veldhouse
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list