From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: proj/portage:master commit in: pym/portage/dbapi/
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:37:50
1 On 11/26/11 12:26 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > If it should be sorted[1], it should really be sorted in the reverse
3 > order of distfile-download size. That would be extremely useful on
4 > systems with slow internet connections. [...]
5 >
6 > 1. I'm obviously assuming that dep nodes that do not depend on each
7 > other would be sorted
8
9 Seconded. I think practical reasons are more important than an arbitrary
10 order, and I'd also benefit from this download-oriented order.