From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ARM64 stable keyword
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:11:36
1 On 04/23/2014 05:04 PM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:50:03 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> The arm64 profiles are marked exp in profiles.desc, so we don't have
6 >> to care about the keyword status.
7 > Ah okay; nevermind then, my concern didn't take that into account.
8 >
9 I like this technique because it allows us to build catalyst stages
10 based on stable packages while keeping the entire arch exp. Eg. with
11 mips, I have to build catalyst stages with KEYWORDS="mips ~mips". I'm
12 always on the bleeding edge of the latest packages committed to the
13 tree. Sometimes these builds fail because the ~arch edge is not well
14 tested for consistency and I have to resort to masking. It nicer to
15 just build on KEYWORDS="mips" and then just stabilize the versions that
16 are known to work.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
20 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
21 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
23 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA