From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:33:55
1 > Simon Stelling wrote:
2 >> That being said, I think this is really up to the releng team and noone
3 >> else. They are doing the work, so we can discuss it far and wide, as
4 >> long as releng doesn't want to do it, nothing will happen. So maybe we
5 >> should wait for a statement from Chris before doing anything else.
6 >
7 > I can tell you right now what Chris's answer is going to be.
8 >
9 > If you're volunteering to do it, join releng and have at it. As it is now,
10 > most
11 > members of releng do not have the time and/or desire to do a release more
12 > often
13 > than bi-annually.
14
15 Or better yet just grab the specs and a beefy machine and build the stuff
16 yourself...that is what it's there for.
17
18 Build the automation stuff, bribe solar for a blade to run it on. Run it
19 for a month, then just tell releng "Hi I can build liveCDs and stages
20 every 3 days, look at my progress over the last month". Everyone likes to
21 see work, not 'oh lets do this' followed by nothingness :P
22
23 As always, talk is cheap.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list