From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-ng concurse entry Was: Updated Portage project page
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 13:02:35
1 Oops, sorry, looks like I mixed replies of two different people on different
2 lists and coupled my answer together in gentoo-portage-dev.
3 I am correcting this now, but first I'll repeat the same disclaimer which I
4 think I need to do more noticable in the write-up.
5
6 As I stated in the writeup, the "design" discussed is a simplistic model only
7 relevant for the prototype which goal was basically to demonstrate
8 capabilities of a particular language and nothing else.
9 Thus note, all the comments below concern this hypothetical design I used in
10 language demonstration, but that will probably be rethought for the real
11 design (and there was just a tiny bit more on that on gentoo-portage-dev
12 list).
13
14 Therefore
15 > I don't see any reasoning about versions, virtuals, constraints, slots,
16 > updates, upgrades, downgrades, ...
17 just because there is none.
18
19 Now, the next comment is the reason I did this reply, please do not take
20 seriously the rest :).
21