From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Review: news item and script for CPU_FLAGS_X86
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:40:32
1 Dnia 2015-01-18, o godz. 21:44:05
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I would like to commit the following flags as cpu_flags_x86_desc.
7 > The list combines global USE flags with some local USE flags I've been
8 > able to find.
9
10 Following your suggestions, I'm attaching three files:
11
12 1. updated cpu_flags_x86.desc, with:
13
14 a. fma3/fma4 distinction,
15
16 b. aes-ni renamed to aes for consistency with cpuinfo, we no longer
17 have to worry about USE flag collision with other USE=aes uses,
18
19 c. complete and machine-parseable listing of cpuinfo flags.
20
21 2. cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py script that parses cpu_flags_x86.desc
22 and /proc/cpuinfo and generates a nice CPU_FLAGS_X86 value for you. We
23 need to decide where to put it (scripts/?).
24
25 3. Initial text of the news item for review.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny

cpu_flags_x86.desc application/octet-stream
cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py text/x-python
2015-01-xx-CPU_FLAGS_X86-introduction.en.txt text/plain