From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/libudev
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:17:34
1 Il 11/07/2012 22:33, Mike Gilbert ha scritto:
2 > On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM, William Hubbs<williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:27:41PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 >>> Just to put a number to this, there are currently 126 packages in the
5 >>> tree with a dependency on sys-fs/udev.
6 >>>
7 >>> Personally, I think a consolidated systemd/udev package is the best
8 >>> way to go here. Short of that, the virtual + blockers seems like an
9 >>> acceptable solution.
10 >> Thinking on this, I agree with Mike here, and to make it easier for
11 >> maintainers so they don't have to change their dependencies, it should
12 >> be a udev ebuild with a systemd use flag.
13 >>
14 > An alternative to the funky udev[systemd] solution would be to replace
15 > the entire udev ebuild with RDEPEND="sys-apps/systemd", and implement
16 > the requisite logic in the systemd ebuild. This would effectively make
17 > udev a virtual package without the need to modify any other packages.
18 Long time ago portage managed virtual/* ebuilds differently from the
19 others, it may be wise to ask to the portage developers if that's still
20 the case and why/what is done.