From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: /etc/init.d/modules loading modules defined in files
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:20:01
1 On 2016-08-17 01:49, Matthias Maier wrote:
2 >> I have received a request to implement a feature in OpenRC to allow
3 >> multiple software packages to drop files in a directory, /etc/modules.d
4 >> for example, which would define modules the /etc/init.d/modules script
5 >> would load.
6 >
7 > What about /etc/modules-load.d containing various files that list one
8 > module to load per line? With this, OpenRC's behavior would be
9 > compatible with systemd-modules-load [1].
10
11 +1
12
13 I wanted to ask the same after working on bug 480018 [1].
17 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/480018
21 Regards,
22 Thomas
23 aka Whissi