From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:55:16
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:34:49 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Once that is supported, I'm also sure that those people involved will
4 | be more than happy to fix their ebuilds to use those features. I do
5 | agree with them though that the distribution should not be held back
6 | by missing features in portage. Especially since those features have
7 | been missing (recognized as such) for ages.
8
9 So until then, it's perfectly OK to screw over our users and fellow
10 developers by committing any arbitrary mess to the tree and claiming
11 that it's alright because Portage doesn't offer a perfect alternative?
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm