From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.4 and ~x86
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:20:59
1 On Monday 13 September 2004 05:51, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Monday 13 September 2004 12:33 am, Daniel Goller wrote:
3 > > added -mno-sse2 conditionally to xorg CFLAGS with gcc 3.4 till this is
4 > > sorted out, since we have pentium4, pentium-m and amd64 users with
5 > > problems and all three of those cpus have sse2
6 >
7 > xorg working fine w/ amd64 here... reading the comments, it seems that this
8 > is a nVidia-binary-related bug, not really so much an xorg bug. Perhaps
9 > somehow make it conditional on usage of such drivers?
10
11 On my amd64 system (in i386 mode) I have a problem where I also have
12 reproduceable bugs that cause instant crashes for xorg-x11. A popular cause
13 is opening certain webpages in galeon (gtk based) while in konqueror it is
14 not a problem. I strongly suspect that something font-related is the cause.
15 Possibly in connection with sse2 and gcc-3.4.1. I'm trying to compile without
16 sse2 support now, and report whether that stops the bugs.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer