From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:05:44
1 On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 10/08/2011 02:19 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >> 14 days?
4 > We can't really wait forever for slacking maintainers to fix their
5 > packages. amd64 is almost ready to have libpng-1.5 stable in the very
6 > near future
9 Didn't we just do this thread a few days ago? :)
10
11 Matt - will an extra 16 days make any difference? This bug has been
12 open since Feb. Will something happen in 30 days that won't happen in
13 14?
14
15 Next, time, though posting an "FYI - we're masking blockers on Oct
16 7th" or whatever would probably make some happier.
17
18 If the extra 16 days will actually accomplish something beyond just
19 delaying libpng then we can debate the finer points of policy.
20 However, if we're just arguing policy for its own sake then I don't
21 see the value. Perhaps a package maintainer might have the "right" to
22 a few weeks to fix things, but in the end you have to put the distro
23 and its users first. You can do that either by speaking up or
24 standing aside, but if you're going to speak up, then make sure you
25 can follow through.
26
27 Rich