From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GCC-3.4 will be marked stable in ~1 hour on x86
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:00:23
1 GCC 3.4 has finally been marked stable on x86. No one will have their
2 compiler automatically switched to gcc-3.4 after it is installed, so you can
3 handle the migration to using it as your system compiler when you have time.
4 To assist you in the migration we have made a GCC migration guide[1].
5
6 For support issues, #gentoo is the place to receive help. Bugs found in
7 the course of this upgrade should be filed under the "Gentoo Linux" product,
8 and "GCC Porting" component on Gentoo's Bugzilla[2].
11 That being said, I will be committing it in approximately 1 hour, which means
12 you will need to wait for it to get all of the mirrors, which will take a bit
13 longer after that.
14
15 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/x86/gcc-upgrading-guide.xml
16 [2] https://bugs.gentoo.org
19 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
20 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
21 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
22 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
23 http://www.halcy0n.com