From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-x86 and git
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 23:05:13
1 On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 08:33:27PM +0800, Patrick Lauer wrote:
4 > > Ahoi,
5 > >
6 > > I've been looking for a clean git-converted gentoo-x86 repo for ... well
7 > > ... mostly data mining as cvs / anoncvs.g.o is too slow for some things.
8 > >
9 > > This has been needlessly challenging, which confuses me a bit.
10 > >
11 > > First, a little complaint:
12 > >
13 > > There used to be some data at git-exp.overlays.gentoo.org, but that
14 > > machine has vanished. Ok, stuff happens, but that's not motivating.
15 > That physical host was made into the new home of overlays.g.o when the
16 > previous host died. The content is still available.
17 >
18 > > Anoncvs.g.o is bouncing up and down a lot, so just getting the raw cvs
19 > > repo to do a local conversion is somewhere between needlessly hard and
20 > > impossible.
21 > Even with the move to anonvcs being separated from sources.g.o last
22 > week?
25 I made it work, then it was rebooted for maintenance and broke again (the
26 chroots were missing from fstab.)
27 It is functioning now and no one has filed a bug report with sufficient
28 detail of the deficiencies they are experiencing; plus it works for me when
29 I try it. I asked Patrick to file a more detailed report than 'hey anoncvs
30 is not working again.'
31
32 -A
36 > > The gentoo-scm mailinglist has mostly fallen asleep, but even the stuff
37 > > discussed there doesn't seem to exist in a public repo that can be found
38 > > without telepathy skills.
39 > ...
40 > > I'd appreciate it if people that worked on the conversion would point me
41 > > at the scripts and documentation they used; I'd appreciate a proper
42 > > 'official' repo to collect such things; and it'd be really useful to
43 > > have the work-in-progress converted repo online so that people can
44 > > experiment with it.
45 > I'm going to document what's last on there, as well as in my head onto
46 > the wiki.
47 >
48 > --
49 > Robin Hugh Johnson
50 > Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
51 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
52 > GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85